A 2-part series on fistula care will be presented November 7th and 8th during the 2020 Northeast Region of the WOCN's Virtual Conference.
The session Fistulas are a Pain in the… Expert Tips to Address Wound Challenges!Fistulas Are a Pain in the… Expert Tips to Address Wound Challenges! will be live-streamed on Saturday, November 7, 2020 at 2:00 PM EST. Anyone - even those who are not registered for the conference - can attend using this link.
Then, on Sunday, November 8, 2020 the session From Hopeless to Healed: 3M Comprehensive Solutions for Fistula Patients will be presented live at 7:00 AM EST. Similarly, anyone can use this link to attend, even if they have not registered for the conference.
Learning objectives for the series are to:
- Discuss S.N.A.P (Skin/Sepsis, Nutrition, Anatomy, Procedure), the acronym to design a fistula management care pathway - Acute, Post-Acute and beyond!
- Illustrate via cases, techniques tips and pearls on how to manage containment systems to prevent skin damage related to fistula effluent
- Demonstrate negative pressure wound therapy to optimize wound management
- Examine the role of planning, communication and technology to ease care transitions
- Investigate and discuss gaps in current practice for managing skin preparation and injury related to fistula effluent spillage
- Discuss challenges in skin care after increased mobility in post-acute settings
Click here for conference and registration details.