The 2020 Surgical Infection Olympics will be hosted by Madrid, Spain during the European Congress on Surgical Infections in September.
The Olympics and subsequent Surgical Infection Society Europe (SIS-E) conference will cover not only the recent aspects of known issues, but also new frontiers of surgical infections. Surgical researchers, surgical residents, nurses, infection control practitioners and surgeons are encouraged to participate in or contribute to the congress.
Conference themes include:
- Management & closure of the open abdomen
- Interactive cases on surgical infections
- Global surgery symposium: Damage Control Surgery
- Instillation therapy with negative pressure in the open abdomen
- Reducing sepsis-related mortality